Trail Development Partnership Program
10/2012: NWTA awarded 2012 RTP grant to purchase additional support equipment for trail partnership program.
2/2013: We will be showcasing our growing inventory of trail construction equipment at the March 23/24 PDX Bike Show - machines will be located outside (outdoors) from main show floor and we'll also have an indoor booth. Come see us and the tools we're putting to work for you!Overview
Purpose of NWTA Trail Development Partnership Program (TDPP) beyond serving as interface between public agencies and our organization is as follows:
- enable partners to stretch project dollars
- reduce volunteer burnout
- help increase member retention by exciting mountain biking community
- provide cross-trained expert resources to aid with trail projects
- lead to more trail on ground sooner which can be enjoyed by all
Thanks to a 2010 RTP grant thru OPRD, one of the initial resources which has been obtained and will be leveraged as part of the Trail Development Partnership Program is a custom single track machine (ST240 from Single Track Tools) and enclosed trailer to transport to project site. These items represent $90,000 in assets which will be made available to partner organizations.
NWTA will continue to add partners which we are collaborating with to help build trails. Locations where our equipment has been put to use is on ST240 project map in trail wiki.ST240 rental
Daily and weekly rates available as well as discount for mountain bike specific projects. There is grant funding available to partners which is conditional upon type of project and availability of operating funds. Participating partners are eligible for credit towards rental of equipment in exchange for services rendered (volunteer operator training, fabrication work, equipment repair work, etc).
View short HD video of ST240 machine in action. There is a growing collection of instruction videos available which demonstrate how to use this tool. See NWTA's ST240 Wiki page for links to additional videos.
Ditch Witch SK755 rental
Our newest machine for rent is for handling construction and support role tasks for wider shared-use paths on moderate grade slopes. Would work great for construction of backyard pumptrack as well. Also with transfer bucket this machine is ideal for loading material into smaller carrier for transport down trail to project location. There are MANY additional attachments available for rent from third-parties.
How to rent?
1. View ST240 Availability to check if equipment will be available when you need it.
2. Submit request for ST240 Rental Agreement or Demonstration - this gets your project/demo added to availability calendar as "tentative"
3. Download Rental Agreement, Rates, and Conditions Form - this makes it official and your Project Manager / Operators will only be authorized to pickup/drop off if this is received and approved by NWTA prior to your rental booking date!
Further details (such as trailer towing info) are communicated to the individual you indicate as the Project Manager on rental form.
<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dEhma2NObkw5eDRoTjhTdEZ4Y1NiM1E6MQ" width="760" height="2328" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>