Merida AM 5000. Size small. full XTR. 130mm Full Suspension. Fox Talas 32.

2008 Merida AM 5000.

$3000. or best offer. Willing to trade for a medium sized all-mountain or free ride bike of similiar quality and build.

In case you've never heard of Merida, it's the brand and factory that makes all of Specialized's bicycles in Taiwan. They actually own 20% of Specialized and this bike would be comparable to the
2009 S-Works Stumpjumper FSR mountain bike.

It's an aluminum frame with some sexy hydroformed tubes and rock solid CNC billet magnesium rocker arm. It's all sealed bearings and very well built.
It has 130mm of rear suspension with a Fox RP23 shock and 140mm on the front with a Fox 32 Talas Fork. The rocker arm has two bolt positions, which changes the seat tube and head tube angle by a degree or two, allowing you the easily change from a more upright XC stance to a more slack AM stance.

This is a size small. I'm 5'6" and the cockpit has felt a bit tight to me, so I've hardly ridden it. But I prefer bigger bikes than I should be riding :) It's been ridden about a dozen times, mostly by my wife around the campground. Everything is in tip top shape and only shows a few nicks here and there from transport on the car rack.
The bike has been built up with the full XTR kit, so it's all very light and climbs like a champ. It's no slouch on the downhills either. I've ridden it a few times on some decent drops and it's PLUSH.
I've switched the seat post clamp to a quick release style, as the original one needed a tool, which was a hassle.

Since few people in this hemisphere are familiar with the Merida brand, I've considered parting it out. But thats a pain... Given the fact that it's full XTR, the components alone are worth this price.

Here's the full SPECS:
Merida Merida Full Suspension AM 5000-D 
SIZES S / M / L / XL
SPEEDS 27
FRAME AM-HFS-Disc-Single
COLOR matt-XTR grey w. polished Logo
FORK Fox 32Talas RL, 100-120-140 mm
DERAILLEURS-F/R Shimano XTR, 34.9 mm / XTR
DERAILLEUR(FRONT) Shimano XTR, 34.9 mm conv.
DERAILLEUR(REAR) Shimano XTR Shadow Carbon
SHIFTERS-F/R Shimano XTR Rapidfire
BRAKE LEVERS attached
BRAKES-F/R Shimano XTR Disc, 180 mm
CHAINWHEEL Shimano XTR, 44/32/22T
HUBS-F/R Shimano XTR Centerlock
SPOKES DT Swiss Champion black
RIMS DT Swiss EX 5.1 Disc, black
FREEWHEEL Shimano CS-M770, 11-34T
TIRE-F/R Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25 Evo
H-B STEM FSA OS-99, 6?
SADDLES elle Italia SLR XC