Final Sunday Parkways in NW Portland on September 26th!

First of all, a huge thank you to everyone who has helped out with Sunday Parkways this summer. I know, there were many of them. The exposure we have received, and even more importantly, the opportunities that this has opened up have been incredible. We are working on an opportunity to build a public pumptrack in large part due to the work that we have put into sharing the skills course at Sunday Parkways, so once again, THANK YOU!

This is the last round and is the first time it is being offered in NW (the Pearl District). This should be tons of fun, get some more great exposure and provide opportunities for kids of all ages to get jazzed on their bikes.

Once again, we are looking for a few volunteers to help out with setting up and staffing the event. The event is on Sunday, September 26th from 10am - 3pm. Drop me an email if you have a little time you can spare to invest in creating riding opportunities in the metro area!

We are into the 2nd Sunday Parkways in North Portland on June 27th! The Northwest Trail Alliance will host a booth and provide a bike skills course area at the Sunday Parkway events.

We have purchased our own trailer so the logisitcs have gotten much simpler! (this may not seem like a big deal to some, but is a HUGE deal for me ;) )

Last year there were three different Sunday Parkways and we set up the skills park at all of them. The turn out and response was fantastic! This is an amazing opportunity to reach a ton of people, promote our organization, promote mountain biking, get involved in the Northwest Trail Alliance, and in general provide a safe, fun and challenging area for cyclists of all ages and abilities.

Here is some coverage by Bike Portland from last year -http://bikeportland.org/2009/06/22/sunday-parkways-success-thousands-enjoy-gift-of-carfree-streets/#comment-1313437

It's honestly a fun time and a great scene. People or so amped to play around on the skills course and it is so cool seeing everyone having fun on their bikes. With the tremendous success of our skills course at Sunday Parkways, we have been requested to bring it out to the singletrack series, the Pedal Nation bike show, have been approached by the BTA and Portland Parks and Rec about the possibility to use this for summer bike camps. My hope is that with all this positive exposure, that we will get the opportunity to build a progressive bike skills park in the metro area. Think of it, a place you could go after work to work on skills, hang out, bring the kids and isn't an hour drive away!

Even an hour or two would be a tremendous help, so please, show your support, not only for the Northwest Trail Alliance, but also for getting offroad cycling opportunities in Portland!

The Sunday Parkways goes from 10am to 3pm on June 27th. Please send me an email if you can help out.

Hope to see everyone out enjoying the event!

cheers,

Will

Don't forget!

Coming up this Sunday!